A public space for friends and family to keep up with me.

Monday, December 28, 2009

Crafty Monday: Crafting Captain Hammer

I don't know what it is, but I cannot help but make crafts about Captain Hammer from Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog. I don't even like Captain Hammer. I love Dr. Horrible so much more, but Captain Hammer's logo is just so much more craftable to me, and I can't help recreating it in every medium.

The first time I used the logo was September 2008 for a canvas bag for my friend Heather. It was a really simple logo because I just painted the yellow color (using a freezer paper stencil) and it looked great.

Captain Hammer



The next time was in punch needle. I loved creating that one, and it was much easier than I thought it would be.

Captain Hammer: Corporate Tool



In my normal craft of cross stitching I stitched a quote that Captain Hammer said along with a visual representation of the rest of the quote

It's curtains for you Dr. Horrible...



More recently, I finished a latch hook rug with his hammer (no, not that hammer, you pervert) on it.

Captain Hammer Latch Hook



And finally today, I made a drawstring bag (which is on etsy) with the logo using machine embroidery. I'm still trying to figure out how to make patches (both of my attempts have been disasters), so as soon as I do, you can expect to see them in my recently updated etsy shop

Captain Hammer Embroidery



I love Captain Hammer, even if he is a giant douche. And I would feel terrible if I didn't at least show some Dr. Horrible love, so here are some other freezer paper stencil items featuring some Dr. Horrible quotes.

Dr. Horrible Shirts Dr. Horrible

1 comment:

Jennifer Ofenstein said...

I get such a giggle very time I see your "curtains" piece!