A public space for friends and family to keep up with me.

Monday, June 22, 2009

Crafty Monday: Making a Father's Day Gift

I'm always at a loss when it comes to gifts for my dad, but this year, I was prepared with a fun idea: a saw blade clock. I'm taking an environmental lab class this semester, and one of the labs requires you to Reuse/Recycle something old, so Father's Day couldn't have come at a more perfect time. My dad and I both work for the same construction company, so while my padre was out of the office I asked one of the shop guys if we had any extra saw blades around. I chose the largest 10" blade and started to work on it.

I was about halfway through sanding when I realized I didn't take a before picture, so this is all you're going to get.

Halfway through Sanding


After sanding it, I attached the clock parts and the number stickers. This is the back of it, and it is pretty bleh looking. I wasn't going to sand the back though, it would have taken forever and a day longer.

Back of clock/blade


Cut your arm of o'clock


I think the number stickers were really cool because in certain lights they pretty much blend in to the clock, but when the light catches them, they are bright and shiny! I got a stand from Michaels so it can be hung up on the wall or stood on a desk. My dad really, really liked his gift!

Saw Blade Clock

No comments: