A public space for friends and family to keep up with me.

Friday, October 17, 2008

A Year Older


Yesterday was my birthday. Well, it was my Birthday, with a capital B. It was one of the "important" ones. In my mind the important ones have always been - 13, 16, 18, 21, 30, 40, and so on. So yes, I'm 21 now and its time for me to go party and be crazy. But honestly, I can't be bothered.

I've already put my party days behind me, so I have no desire to go get smashed in public places and throw up on the street like most 21 year olds like to do on their birthday. I do like the idea that I have the freedom to order a tasty beverage when I go to a restaurant, but other than that it was just another birthday, with a lowercase B. It was a nice low-key type of day when I wasn't at work or in class.

There is only one thing I've really been excited for though. Bingo. I love bingo. It is exciting and fun - and now I'm finally old enough to go to the bingo halls here in Ocala. Hopefully next week I'll find a night I can go and I'll play bingo to my heart's content.

No comments: