A public space for friends and family to keep up with me.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Repo! The Genetic Opera

So Sunday night was amazing. If anyone follows me on twitter you probably saw random squeeing and arguing with Heather over text messages (we realized that we text each other more when we are standing right next to each other than we do normally, this amuses me). Anyway, so we arrived at The Enzian and I got my ticket from the people I won it from and went to stand in line (side note to the people who don't know: I dressed up as Vagina Dentata for Halloween at Rocky and won a costume contest). We were probably standing in line for about an hour before we were allowed inside. I'd like to note that we saw both Darren Lynn Bousman and Terrance Zdunich while waiting in line. The theater is really really spiffy and the chairs we sat in were cool (I found some fantastic pictures of the outside and inside of it: outside 1 - outside 2 - inside 1 - inside 2).

We waited around a bit more, both Heather and I trying not to blatantly stare at Terrance Zdunich (who plays GraveRobber and who wrote both the play and the movie script), but we were not successful. I don't know about her, I felt like a total skeeze just intently watching this guy, but *swoon* he's awesome. So the movie starts and it was amazing. Holy crap did it rock. It was so funny in parts and my only complaint is that there wasn't enough gore and there needed to be more repossessions. After the movie there was a Q&A which Heather recorded part of and then they said they would be outside to sign autographs and just hang out.

So here I am with the two guys, and gah, I freaking <3 Saw II, so it was awesome meeting Darren Lynn Bousman, and of course GraveRobber is the sexiest character ever

thanks to heather for this pic


my stuff that was signed :D


and one thing that was particularly awesome. If you've seen/heard Zydrate Anatomy (definitely in my top 3 5 favorite songs in the movie) this will most likely be funny.

Crowd: (chanting) Zydrate! Zydrate! Zydrate!
Darren: Did you know Zydrate comes in a little glass vial?
Crowd: A little glass vial?
Terrance: *holds up blue glowstick* A little glass vial
Movie: *starts*

It was AMAZING.

Also - to the people who have never heard of Repo! The Genetic Opera, I don't blame you. They haven't had very much publicity, its all been word of mouth. I urge to you check out the website and the wiki page for more info! :D

Here is the trailer:

No comments: