A public space for friends and family to keep up with me.

Saturday, November 29, 2008

WINNER!

So after a month of toiling away and perfecting my methods of procrastination I have finally finished my novel for NaNoWriMo. Most of it is crap, but I think around the 35k mark I actually started writing a lot better. I don't know how it happened, but one second I was writing terribly and the next day it was like a switch was flipped and I was putting out sentences that didn't sound like garbage. It was nice, I have to say. And one thing I really liked was the fact that my novel finished right at the 50k mark. It was very bizarre that it ended right at the time it should have. I could have bulked up the story if I needed to and filled in a gap that I left open because I was blocked, but I didn't need to. I am so relieved. My wrist kinda hurts now.



Now I'm off to go donate what little money I have to nanowrimo.org to celebrate.

No comments: