A public space for friends and family to keep up with me.

Monday, August 24, 2009

Crafty Monday: Latch Hook!

I've been a bit lax with this blog, but finally putting this update together


I finally tried a new craft, and surprise - I love it! As with all crafts, if you look at it long enough, you'll want to try it. The latch hook section is in the same aisle as the punch needle and cross stitch stuff, so when I was buying my punch needle tool, I was also looking at the latch hook stuff. I wanted to try a smaller kit, one that wasn't tacky (harder than it sounds), so I settled on the simple butterfly. There were only 6 colors and about 1500 stitches? latches? doo-dads? I don't know what they are called, lol. It was easy enough to pick up, and once I was about halfway through I was feeling like a pro at it (it is always nice to feel like you know what you're doing).


I finished it on Saturday, but now I really don't know what I'm going to do with it. I think the easiest way to finish it off would be to make a pillow out of it, but for now, I just like looking at the back of it. In my opinion, the back looks nearly as cool as the front does. Either way I am really glad to have learned a new craft and I can't wait to go exploring to see what other people have created with latch hooking.


Now I'm really curious about one thing, does this make me a hooker?

No comments: