A public space for friends and family to keep up with me.

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Crafty Monday: Revisiting Old Crafts

I had work off yesterday because we were changing offices, so today is my Monday. No one tell me any different, because I want to be surprised by the weekend on my Thursday. Anyway, I meant to blog about this a few weeks ago, but had a lot of other super fun stuff going on (speaking of awesome, one of my favorite embroidery sites, Urban Threads, featured me!).

A few weeks ago I had a chance to get back to one of my favorite crafts: paper piecing. Paper piecing, also known as foundation quilting, is one of my most favorite crafts. My friend Jennifer Ofenstein (who runs the site Sewhooked - a site full of great patterns, tutorials, stencils, and recipes) is the one who first got me into paper piecing with her amazing Harry Potter quilt blocks. I learned to sew and started doing blocks and designing patterns (my patterns on the guest page of Sewhooked).

Paper piecing is one of my favorite ways to indulge in craft therapy.

Goblet of Fire Witch Hat nine and three quarters
all patterns from sewhooked


A few great links for paper piecing:
  • Sewhooked.org
  • HP_Paperpiecing LJ community
  • Flickr Paper Piecing Group
  • Flickr HP Paper Piecing Group
  • No comments: