A public space for friends and family to keep up with me.

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Book Week: Historical Romance



Today I'm tackling a genre that I don't really read that often: Historical Romance. I'm a slave to technology and it drives me crazy when slight misunderstandings that could be cleared up in an email or a phone call take days of travel to fix. Also, I know that the books are complete fiction, but it still makes me sad to think that all of the characters I fall in love with would be nothing more than bones in a box by now. And with that depressing thought, let me rec some books!

The Wallflower series by Lisa Kleypas is the shortest series I'm going to talk about today, so I thought it should go first. This series is so sweet and wonderful. Devil in Winter is my hands-down most favorite historical romance. There is just something amazing about the story of redemption and going against conventions to lead a happy life. The books are great and so much fun to read!




The next series I'm going to talk about is the Knight Miscellany series by Gaelen Foley. Unlike the two other book series in this post, this one is dark. There are unpleasant parts and that is just how it is. It is a wonderful series and I don't think I can ever say enough good things about it.





It would probably get me in trouble with the historical romance fans I know if I didn't mention the Bridgerton series by Julia Quinn. This series always makes me smile. I love all of the Bridgertons and reading the series makes me want to be part of their giant family!





I also really enjoy Lynsay Sands' historicals (she's written quite a lot and they are all very hilarious). You can see the rest of my historical romance reviews here

No comments: