A public space for friends and family to keep up with me.

Sunday, November 22, 2009

My Y-Front Quilt!!

So it isn't Crafty Monday, but who cares? I have my quilt back!

Over a year ago Jennifer Ofenstein posted a pattern for Merlin's Y-fronts on Sewhooked.org. I immediately fell in love with the pattern and thought, "Wouldn't it be funny if..."

And over a year later my thought is finally a reality! I made all 35 10"x10" blocks before 2008 ended and then left them in a box until October of this year when I decided that I had to get this quilt made. I got some fabric and started sewing the blocks together. I did not have the equipment or skill to quilt it myself, so Shannon S of Rock Creek Quilts was recommended to me to contact for quilting services. You can see her progress pictures here. As soon as I was done I sent it to her and I got it back in the mail yesterday!

I am absolutely proud of this quilt, you can't even believe. I am amazed that I was able to do so many blocks and that they actually turned into something!!

My Y-Front Quilt

Y-front Quilt

on my parents bed because their king size was the only one it would fit on
Y-Front Quilt on the bed

Quilting on the Border

Back of the quilt

Close-up of quilting on back

And I made a pillow to go with it. The main color on the pillow is the fabric I used for the sashing and the back panel is the back of my quilt. All of the scraps on the pillow are scraps from the y-fronts!

Pillow Front Pillow Back Top of Pillow


I also scanned all of the individual blocks and they can be viewed here

7 comments:

Enelya said...

You did an amazing job! You should be very proud of yourself! Bring it next weekend and we can all oogle it properly. :)

Shae said...

I will make sure to do that!!

Jennifer Ofenstein said...

Ahhh! It's amazing! I can't believe how absolutely fantastic it looks!

Della said...

This was a huge project, many hours involved, and I am so proud of you for doing it! You really keep me inspired with all you make and do! <3 you,
Mommasaur

Suziecurls said...

What a fun quilt. Your immagination is amazing!! Congratulations.

Anonymous said...

What in the name of Merlin's most baggy y-fronts? Sorry, I just had to :). What a creative project! I love it and thanks so much for sharing!

Anonymous said...

i love this quilt and get the giggles everytime i see it!