A public space for friends and family to keep up with me.

Thursday, November 12, 2009

I hate that font!


I am obsessed with certain fonts as well as repulsed by others. This is an entry about those fonts that I would like to never see again.

The first is a font that I cannot remember the name of. I used to have it on my computer but I deleted it. It is used on a highly annoying sign downtown.



Another of my giant font hates is Comic Sans. I just cannot stand that font at all. I know there were movements to get rid of Comic Sans (like that would ever happen, lol), and other people actively hate it. I just try to avoid that font. It is one of the most ugly ones out there.

Another font I hate is Papyrus (and Tempus Sans, which is very similar to it). I don't know what it is about it, but it drives me absolutely batty. Whenever I see it used anywhere my teeth clench. I have no idea why I have such a strong reaction to a lame font, but I do. I'm weird like that.

But there is one font that is the queen of all horrible fonts: Kristen. There is a very large car dealership in Orlando that actually uses this font on their scrolling sign. If I ever need a car while I'm in Orlando I will actively avoid this place because of this font.

I said it before and I'll say it again, I'm a major font snob.

No comments: