A public space for friends and family to keep up with me.

Sunday, November 29, 2009

An Hour at Unviersal

Today I went down to Orlando for a decorations committee meeting for Infinitus (an upcoming Harry Potter symposium), and since Heather and I didn't have to be there until 2pm we decided to go to Universal Studios for an hour or two. We both have annual passes but don't go to Universal or Islands of Adventure as much as we should, so we hadn't even been on Universal's new ride: The Hollywood Rip Ride Rock It. This morning was as good as any so, despite the estimated 75 minute wait time, we got in the line.

The ride was really great, but the music selection was a bit crappy. When I got home though, I found something really exciting! Apparently there is an entire catalog of "bonus/hidden tracks" for the coaster. I'm really looking forward to my next ride on it so I can try it out! Below is a video for how the hidden tracks work and if you click through to the video page you can see a full list of identified tracks.




While waiting in line for the Hollywood Rip Ride Rock It there was a short Kanye West segment (one of his songs is selectable for the ride) and I couldn't help but think of the Kanye Interrupts meme and the fact that the week before I went to Sea World and got to ride their new coaster Manta (which was amazing). I pretty much had to make this -