Over a year ago Jennifer Ofenstein posted a pattern for Merlin's Y-fronts on Sewhooked.org. I immediately fell in love with the pattern and thought, "Wouldn't it be funny if..."
And over a year later my thought is finally a reality! I made all 35 10"x10" blocks before 2008 ended and then left them in a box until October of this year when I decided that I had to get this quilt made. I got some fabric and started sewing the blocks together. I did not have the equipment or skill to quilt it myself, so Shannon S of Rock Creek Quilts was recommended to me to contact for quilting services. You can see her progress pictures here. As soon as I was done I sent it to her and I got it back in the mail yesterday!
I am absolutely proud of this quilt, you can't even believe. I am amazed that I was able to do so many blocks and that they actually turned into something!!
on my parents bed because their king size was the only one it would fit on
And I made a pillow to go with it. The main color on the pillow is the fabric I used for the sashing and the back panel is the back of my quilt. All of the scraps on the pillow are scraps from the y-fronts!
I also scanned all of the individual blocks and they can be viewed here